Gamers Mania

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Gamers Mania!

4 posters

Basics of HTML coding.

Artfelek
    Artfelek

Number of posts : 5
    Basics of HTML coding. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Basics of HTML coding. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-20

Basics of HTML coding. Empty Basics of HTML coding.

Post by Artfelek 23/02/09, 05:56 pm

Hey thought i might put this up for anyone that wants to get into html coding xD. HTML coding is often used for designing websites and even building them.

Alright well an important thing is that most commands/actions are placed within <> <--Tags. Another important thing is to close the command or action after you are done, This can be done by putting another set of tags after the action you want to close. BUT this set of tags need a slash Arrow / right after the first tag.

Now this forum has html allowed so i cant really put examples without them actually working. so instead of the tags i will use Arrow {}. BUT they should be tags.

NOTE: Anything in orange should be tags.

EXAMPLE:
    {marquee}This is where i can type text that wil scroll across the screen{/marquee}

This is where i can type text that will scroll across the screen

This is the frame for basic HTML pages:
    {html}
    {head}
    {title}This is where you type wat shows up in the tab ontop{/title}
    {/head}
    {marquee}{h1}{font color=green}You are learning Basic HTML coding{/font}{/h1}{/marquee}
    {body}
    {center}
    This is where you type your general stuff and some other codes like popup boxes and document effects.
    {/center}
    {/body}
    {/html}

Here is what it would turn out with putting tags instead of {}

This is where you type wat shows up in the tab ontop

You are learning Basic HTML coding

This is where you type your general stuff and some other codes like popup boxes and document effects.

Yep lots of coding but for just a few words. Lets add a code that makes a popup box come up. So lets bring back our original html code. Except this time we will add a code to the body section to make a table. Each table starts with a table tag. Each table row starts with a tr tag. Each table data starts with a td tag.
    {html}
    {head}
    {title}This is where you type wat shows up in the tab ontop{/title}
    {/head}
    {marquee}{h1}{font color=green}You are learning Basic HTML coding{/font}{/h1}{/marquee}
    {body}
    {center}
    {table border="1"}
    {tr}
    {td}Column 1{/td}
    {td}Column 2{/td}
    {td}Column 3{/td}
    {/table}
    {/center}
    {center}
    {/center}
    {/body}
    {/html}

Now lets see it in action:

This is where you type wat shows up in the tab ontop

You are learning Basic HTML coding

Column 1Column 2Column 3

And your done, it is advised this is done in notepad and saved as a .html file so when you open it it opens and recognizes the html coding.

Thats all for now and if I see people take interest then i will continue with more.

CREDITS:
    Me for writing this tut
    Zero
    Zero

Number of posts : 62
    Basics of HTML coding. Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 100Basics of HTML coding. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-21

Basics of HTML coding. Empty Re: Basics of HTML coding.

Post by Zero 23/02/09, 06:43 pm

wait that was coding all along omg then i know this stuff ive been doing it for years! i thought coding was some other thing...wow this is great i know some coding
    Artfelek
    Artfelek

Basics of HTML coding. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Basics of HTML coding. Right_bar_bleue

Post by Artfelek 23/02/09, 08:15 pm

Zero wrote:wait that was coding all along omg then i know this stuff ive been doing it for years! i thought coding was some other thing...wow this is great i know some coding

Lol, yep xD
    Aguayo
    Aguayo

Number of posts : 24
    Basics of HTML coding. Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Basics of HTML coding. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post by Aguayo 23/02/09, 10:05 pm

Lol your a nice Coder, you know alot a bout that, iwillbe lazy for write that all..

offtopin: Nice siggy and aavatar,,, : ))
    Artfelek
    Artfelek

Post by Artfelek 24/02/09, 04:09 pm

Lol thanks man xD
    Hero

Number of posts : 26
    Basics of HTML coding. Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Basics of HTML coding. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post by Hero 02/03/09, 09:05 pm

I'm confuzzled. Where do you put these codes? :3 W00t noobish questions FTW!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26/04/24, 07:02 pm